It all came to a close last Wednesday at the MEST Campus with almost 100 participants from the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology, Ashesi University College and the Open University West Africa. Out of this, 11 teams pitched their ideas after an intense 48hour session.
In no particular order:
1. Idea Resolution: A match-making platform for investors & entrepreneurs
2. eBia – A voucher based online payment platform for the African Market
3. FollowMe – A marketing platform that rewards influential micro-bloggers
4. Seeka – A location based online directory for local & international businesses
5. Ndanu – An online directory of African Universities with add-on features
6. Plugged-in – An event (wedding) organisers – suppliers’, platform for the African market
7. Mobile Cards – turning traditional business cards into digital / mobile formats
8. Online Book Bureau – An online book store seeking to promote works of African authors
9. Picket – Mobile ticketing system for event organisers
10. Phone Insure – Insuring smartphones and having them replaced together with content once phone gets stolen
11. WatchDog – A monitoring browser extension that alerts users when they spend ‘too much’ time on social media sites.
Victor Mallet – CEO and Co-founder at reelafrican.com, one of Africa’s leading online film distribution platform.
Matthew Taggart – Associate Director of Development at Ashesi University College
Judith Aidoo – Private Investor and Chief Executive at Aidoo Group Ltd, a Wall Street merchant bank founded in 1991
Roberto Bezzicheri – Founder & Dirctor at Ghana Web, a leading Ghanaian web portal.
Top 3 prize winners announced at the end of the event were:
1st place: Picket
2nd place: Ndanu
3rd place: Plugged-In
Congrats to all participants and especially to our winners
Enjoy this video of the grand finale.
You'll find me almost always exploring the following topics: Education, Development in Africa, Tech in Africa, Social Media, PR, Community Service. Follow me on twiiter at @AmmaBaffoe
MEST, located in Accra, Ghana, provides a fully sponsored training and mentoring program in software development and entrepreneurship for aspiring African software entrepreneurs. MEST is an NGO funded by the Meltwater Group. Read More