8 teams pitch at Startup Weekend
The 8 teams at Accra Start-up Weekend
- Dropifi- Seeks to replace the traditional 'Contact Us' forms on websites with a simple message box for users, additionally for the Dropifi customers, they get a dashboard from where they can manage contacts.
- Maid.dle- A simple but useful matchmaking platform for home owners and cleaning service providers. It also provides a ratings feature for listed cleaners, to enable home owners rate cleaners.
- iDentify-A mobile sms and voice application that helps you look up locations within Accra Ghana.
- Panic-eye- A single key alert activation app which will guarantee quick and effective response in times of emergency. Its a disruptive technology that could be the future for 911..
- DigiDoc-A web application that will be used by doctors in analyzing patient X-rays and scans everywhere leading to prompt response that will help save lives.
- Djumah- A professional networking platform that leverages the power of social networking of both employers and job seekers to identify the most trusted and qualified candidates.
- TeamTaunt- A social element of sports that creates perhaps the most passion among sports fans but that is not accurately tackled by the various sports network is fan rivalry.
- GAS’YO- Built on the Ushahidi platform, GAS'YO is a crowd source app aiming to help people find the closest LPG filling station to their homes, where gas is still available to refill your empty tank.
On the panel, the four judges were: Richard Tanksley (MEST), Percival Ofori Ampomah (Ghana Venture Capital Trust Fund), Jim Kaubisch (MEST) and Dr. Ekow Spio Garbrah (Commonwealth Telecoms Organisation). You learn about the winninig team in my next post. Stay tuned :)
Sign up for our newsletter
Be in the know! Sign up to receive the latest updates from MEST, our partners and the African tech ecosystem.
Congratulations MEST Class of 2019: Graduation Weekend Recap
A recap of the MEST Africa Class of 2019's Graduation weekend
The ‘New Credit Score’: Key takeaways from the MEST Africa Summit 2019
Six key players from the African fintech space weigh in on the future of credit scoring and financial inclusion across the continent