Announcing the MEST Africa Summit, Cape Town June 18-20!Working toward a more cohesive tech ecosystem in Africa
We’re thrilled to officially announced this year's flagship MEST event: the 3rd MEST Africa Summit, which will take place in the home of our new MEST Incubator, Cape Town, 18-20 June. The leading Pan-African tech conference, the MEST Africa Summit will bring together the key players that make a tech ecosystem thrive.
Tech entrepreneurs, corporate executives, media partners, incubators and investors from across the continent, Europe and Silicon Valley will gather to look at the challenges and opportunities faced by those companies who are looking to scale into new African markets, from visa concerns to rules of corporate engagement.
The Summit will feature leading figures across verticals, from Fintech to Agritech, as well as key African investors and corporates who are working to find viable ways to engage start-ups and scale-ups while ensuring they mitigate the risks of working with young, unproven businesses.
The Summit will focus on a range of verticals and themes, including:
- The key sectors that are growing rapidly across the continent, including Fintech, Agritech and SaaS
- How blockchain technology will influence the types of companies that we'll see developing, and the impact cryptocurrencies will have on raising funds
- Which gaps still exist in the investment landscape, and how we can work toward a more accessible and open funding landscape
- The importance of supporting female founders to bring a new generation of young women into the tech space
- The intersection of technology and traditional industries like the music and creative sectors, and how tech can help local artists reach a global audience
About the event
The conference will kick off on the evening of June 18th at the new MEST Incubator Cape Town in the Woodstock Exchange Building, where guests will have an opportunity to network over cocktails and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere in our Cape Town space.
Day 2, hosted at Avenue in the Waterfront, will be filled with thought-leadership panels and discussions about how the Pan-African tech ecosystem has changed over the last few years, and where challenges still exist.
Day 3, which will also take place at Avenue, will begin with discussions on blockchain technology and investment on the continent, before we hear from select MEST companies, as well as the finals of the MEST Africa Challenge. Here we'll see the best tech startups from across the continent go head to head for the chance to receive $50k investment from the Meltwater Foundation and space and support in one of our incubators in the market of their choice.
We look forward to having you join the conversation. Get your tickets here, learn more about the MEST Africa Summit, the MEST Africa Challenge, or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for partnership or speaking opportunities.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be in the know! Sign up to receive the latest updates from MEST, our partners and the African tech ecosystem.