Dropifi, the Accra startup weekend winner is currently competing for the top prize at the ongoing Global Startup Battle. The Start-up Battle is the second stage for all winners from Start-up Weekend events. Participating in the Battle this year are 49 ideas from all over the world, out of which 2 are from Africa! All 49 teams have submitted a 90 second video for the Start-up Battle contest from November 22nd – 28th 2011, 11pm PST.
Dropifi from Ghana needs your vote to enable them win the top prize. You can vote for Dropifi here! and share with friends as well . Winner will be announced on November 30, 2011.
Start-up Battle winners get…
- Grand Prize: A Table at Launch Pad at the Launch Conference (San Francisco) to meet the top investors in Silicon Valley in March 2012! Includes flight for 2 team members.
- A slot at the DEMO Asia Startup Pavilion in Singapore, February 2012
- 40 Hours of Web Design from BTrax
- PR Launch Package from the Kauffman Foundation
- Meetings with Brad Feld, Managing Director of Foundry Group and Andy Sack, Director of TechStars Seattle and Managing Partner of Founders Coop.
- A blog post and newsletter promotion from Startup Weekend
- 1 year of bragging rights as the winner of the largest startup competition in the world!
Please vote vote vote for Dropifi!
Amma Baffoe, Communications and University Relations Manager at MEST. You'll find me almost always exploring the following topics: Education, Development in Africa, Tech in Africa, Social Media Strategy, PR, Community Service.
MEST, located in Accra, Ghana, provides a fully sponsored training and mentoring program in software development and entrepreneurship for aspiring African software entrepreneurs. MEST is an NGO funded by the Meltwater Group. Read More