Dropifi, the Accra startup weekend winner is currently competing for the top prize at the ongoing Global Startup Battle. The Start-up Battle is the second stage for all winners from Start-up Weekend events. Participating in the Battle this year are 49 ideas from all over the world, out of which 2 are from Africa! All 49 teams have submitted a 90 second video for the Start-up Battle contest from November 22nd – 28th 2011, 11pm PST.
Dropifi from Ghana needs your vote to enable them win the top prize. You can vote for Dropifi here! and share with friends as well . Winner will be announced on November 30, 2011.
Start-up Battle winners get…
- Grand Prize: A Table at Launch Pad at the Launch Conference (San Francisco) to meet the top investors in Silicon Valley in March 2012! Includes flight for 2 team members.
- A slot at the DEMO Asia Startup Pavilion in Singapore, February 2012
- 40 Hours of Web Design from BTrax
- PR Launch Package from the Kauffman Foundation
- Meetings with Brad Feld, Managing Director of Foundry Group and Andy Sack, Director of TechStars Seattle and Managing Partner of Founders Coop.
- A blog post and newsletter promotion from Startup Weekend
- 1 year of bragging rights as the winner of the largest startup competition in the world!
Please vote vote vote for Dropifi!
You'll find me almost always exploring the following topics: Education, Development in Africa, Tech in Africa, Social Media, PR, Community Service. Follow me on twiiter at @AmmaBaffoe
MEST, located in Accra, Ghana, provides a fully sponsored training and mentoring program in software development and entrepreneurship for aspiring African software entrepreneurs. MEST is an NGO funded by the Meltwater Group. Read More